Blake Lively Workout
Her trainer says:
The producers told Blake she should probably work out to get stronger, to strengthen her core, and help prevent injuries and soreness. She’d seen me working with Ryan and she’d seen what I had done for his wife Scarlett Johansson for her role in the action movie, Iron Man 2. When she found out she was going to model in a Vogue fashion spread that would involve swimsuits…she decided she needed to be toned and look more athletic.
Personal Trainer Bobby Strom
Blake Lively admits that The Green Lantern gave her the ‘best workout in the world.’ Personal trainer Bobby Strom also trained Blake’s future husband, Ryan Reynolds during the film. Strom is also responsible for the workout bodies of Britney Spears, Shakira, Scarlett Johansson, and Elle McPherson.
Bobby Strom is famous for getting celebrities in shape for their movie roles and music videos. Blake Lively’s trainer, was tasked with helping her slim down. She wanted reduce her body fat by 3-4%. That would help show off her long and lean body. So, Bobby Strom says:
To achieve this, we’d start off with a warm-up, such as a light jog, to get the blood flowing before moving onto circuits, which meant she was continuously burning fat. We did around 10 different moves three or four times, repeating the same exercises but never in the same order.
Blake Lively Workout Routine
Sources for the Blake Lively Workout Routine include:
- Interviews with Blake Lively while promoting The Green Lantern.
- Interviews with Blake Lively’s trainer, Bobby Strom of Bobby Strom Fitness.
- Twitter account: Bobby Strom @bobbystrom
- Magazine Interviews in Glamor, Health & Fitness, and Vogue Magazines.
Blake Lively Monday Workout Routine = Total Body Circuit
Total Body Circuit: 3-4 sets of 15-20 reps
- Warm-up: 15 minutes of elliptical/bicycle machine
- Squats (4 exercises are a combo)
- Bicep Curls
- Shoulder Press
- Front Kicks (see video)
- Swiss Ball Alternating Dumbbell Chest Press
- Superset with Tricep Extension
- Weighted Walking Lunge with Glute Squeeze
- Band Rows (alternate: use Cable Rows)
- Stiff-arm Pressdowns or Butterfly Rows
Here is another of Bobby Strom’s clients, Adrianne Palicki (G.I. Joe, Wonder Woman, Red Dawn). She is doing one of his famous circuit training sets (as listed above):
Regarding the Weighted Walking Lunges that he had Blake Lively do, Bobby Strom says:
The best way to get great legs fast is to lunge for four weeks. Lunges recruit so many leg muscles that you will see results almost immediately. They also burn more calories than machines do.
Blake Lively Tuesday Workout Routine = Core & Legs
Circuit: 3-4 sets
- Warm-up: Bicycle or Elliptical 15 minutes warm-up.
- Diagonal Walks with Mini-bands (10 sets per side)
- Butterfly Steps (5-10 each direction)
- Lifted Heel Squat (15 reps each side) with Tricep Kickbacks
- Standing Leg Rotations (10 reps each side)
- Cross-Back Lunge with Medicine Ball Pulses (6 lbs. with 3-5 reps per side)
- Reverse Lunge with Dumbbell Press (see next page)
- Side to Side Speed Skaters (see next page)
- T-Push-ups (see next page)
Blake Lively Exercise Illustrations
Blake Lively Wednesday Workout Routine = Rest/Cardio
Blake Lively would usually rest halfway through the week. She was allowed to do some cardio, if she wasn’t too sore. Her trainer says:
I like the bicycle or elliptical machine for toning the lower body. Your feet don’t leave the pedals so you are constantly pushing against resistance.